Tuesday, August 16, 2011

boy.

My boy returned from tour on Saturday, and I have been super busy enjoying his company. Saturday night I impressed myself by making a whole roasted chicken. I had never done it before, and I was super scared. However it turned out super wonderful and the leftovers made a delicious chicken salad. I also made my first Key Lime pie from scratch. It was the most wonderful recipe and I will be posting the recipe soon!


On Sunday we hung out at his parent's house out in the country. We planned on swimming but the high for the day was only 80 degrees. It was so nice and breezy, so no swimming, but it was such a nice break from the heat we've had this summer. We grilled hot dogs and had a couple of beers. It was hands down the best Sunday I've had in over a month :)


I'm so thankful for my boy to be home, but I am getting ready for school to start next week. It will be the beginning of my last year of college. Very excited and very nervous all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment