Friday, November 18, 2011

Day three.

Well guys, today is day three of no meat for Mikayla. It's been hard (not going to lie), but I have been eating a lot of yummy things in the past few days. Thought I would share.




Disclaimer: In no way to I claim to be an expert on vegetarianism, healthy eating, etc. These are just ideas, and ways that I live my day-to-day life. Kthanks.



1. Eggs scrambled with onion, garlic, and baby spinach + whole wheat toast.


2. Black bean + roasted veggie quesadilla with mozarella on Ezekiel tortillas. I use Bethanny Frankel's Healthy Taco seasoning recipe, and subsitute black beans for meat. I roasted the veggies in a 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes, after I tossed them in olive oil. Delicious!





3. "Gyro" made with brown rice + baby spinach + tomatoes + onions + black olives + feta + tzaziki (greek yogurt with dill), on whole wheat flatbread.




4. Margherita pizza on flatbread.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle flatbread with olive oil. Top with sliced tomatoes + Mozarella + fresh basil + salt in pepper. Bake until cheese is melted and it is warmed throuhgout. Drizzle with more olive oil + salt + pepper.

5. Black bean nachos with leftover black beans + roasted veggies + mozarella + black olives + fresh tomatoes!


These are just a few of the things I have come up with in the past few days. I have been eating more veggies (particularly spinach) than I have in my whole life. I fell really good. That little twinge of missing meat is definately there, but after three days the idea of putting meat in my mouth (HA.HA.) seems disgusting. Anxious for Thanksgiving (and all the ridicule I will recieve)!


Happy Birthday to my lovely friend Jenny today! Wish I could celebrate with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment